Grounds for data collection
What information we collect?
We collect two types of data and information from users. The first type of information is un-identified and non-identifiable information pertaining to a User(s), which may be made available or gathered via your use of the Site (“Non-personal Information”). We are not aware of the identity of a user from which the non-personal information was collected. Non-personal information which is being collected may include your aggregated usage information and technical information transmitted by your device, including certain software and hardware information (e.g. the type of browser and operating system your device uses, language preference, access time, etc.) in order to enhance the functionality of our site. We may also collect information on your activity on the site (e.g. pages viewed, online browsing, clicks, actions, etc.). The second type of information is personal information, which is information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable effort identify an individual. Such information includes: Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information – which includes namely information, which we collect from your device, such as: geolocation data, IP address, unique identifiers (e.g. MAC address and UUID) and other information which relates to your activity through the Site. Registration information: when you register to our site you will be asked to provide us certain details such as: full name; e-mail or physical address, and other information. This information is collected for the purpose of providing our service and for communicating with you. Identifiers also include any voluntary information you provide us when you communicate with us (for example when you send us an email or use a “contact us” form on our Site) we collect the personal information you provided us with. Commercial information: If you make or enable a transaction such as a purchase directly from our site, we will collect billing and financial information as necessary to process your charges, such as credit card number, postal and email address and geo-location data.
How do we receive information about you?
We receive your personal information from various sources:
- When you voluntarily provide us your personal details in order to register on our site;
- When you use or access our site in connection with your use of our services;
- From third party providers, services and public registers (for example, traffic analytics vendors).
With whom do we share your Personal Information?
We may use the information for the following:
- Communicating with you – sending you notices regarding our services, providing you with quotations and responding to any customer service issue you may have;
- To communicate with you and to keep you informed of our latest updates and services;
- To serve you advertisements when you use our site (see more under “Advertisements”);
- To market our websites and products (see more under “Marketing”);
- Conducting statistical and analytical purposes, intended to improve the Site
In addition to the different uses listed above, we may transfer or disclose personal information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies and subcontractors.
- Hosting and operating our site;
- Providing you with our services, including providing a personalised display of our site;
- Storing and processing such information on our behalf;
- Serving you with advertisements and assist us in evaluating the success of our advertising campaigns and help us re-target any of our users;
- Providing you with marketing offers and promotional materials related to our site and services;
- Performing research, technical diagnostics or analytics;
- We may also disclose information if we have good faith to believe that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to:
(i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request;
(ii) enforce our policies (including our agreement), including investigations of potential violations thereof;
(iii) investigate, detect, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud or security issues;
(iv) to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims;
(v) prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users, yourself or any third party; or
(vi) for the purpose of collaborating with law enforcement agencies and/or in case we find it necessary in order to enforce intellectual property or other legal rights.
As an EU resident – you may request to:
Receive confirmation as to whether or not personal information concerning you is being processed, and access your stored personal information, together with supplementary information. Receive a copy of personal information you directly volunteer to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Request rectification of your personal information that is in our control.Request erasure of your personal information. Object to the processing of personal information by us. Request to restrict processing of your personal information by us. Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
However, please note that these rights are not absolute, and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements.
If you wish to exercise any of the aforementioned rights, or receive more information, please contact our Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) using the details provided below:
Upon receiving your request, and according to legal obligations to which we are subject, we will first need to authenticate your request. Should sufficient information required to verify your identity not be included in your request, we will respond with an authentication request, after which your request will be processed within the legal time frame.
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide our services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies. Retention periods will be determined taking into account the type of information that is collected and the purpose for which it is collected, bearing in mind the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy outdated, unused information at the earliest reasonable time. Under applicable regulations, we will keep records containing client personal data, account opening documents, communications and anything else as required by applicable laws and regulations. We may rectify, replenish or remove incomplete or inaccurate information, at any time and at our own discretion.
- ‘session cookies’ which are stored only temporarily during a browsing session in order to allow normal use of the system and are deleted from your device when the browser is closed;
- ‘persistent cookies’ which are read only by the Site, saved on your computer for a fixed period and are not deleted when the browser is closed. Such cookies are used where we need to know who you are for repeat visits, for example to allow us to store your preferences for the next sign-in;
- ‘third party cookies’ which are set by other online services who run content on the page you are viewing, for example by third party analytics companies who monitor and analyse our web access.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. You may remove the cookies by following the instructions of your device preferences; however, if you choose to disable cookies, some features of our site may not operate properly and your online experience may be limited.
Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but allow you to modify security settings so that you can approve or reject cookies on a case-by-case basis or reject all cookies. You can configure your web browser to remove cookies by following the directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” section.
If you are using a mobile device, you can-opt out of certain types of interest-based advertising, by accessing the “settings” on your device:
- If you’re using an Apple device you can configure your device to limit ad tracking to by clicking on “settings” > “privacy” > “advertising” and toggling “limit ad tracking” to ‘on.’
- If you’re using an Android device you can opt out of most app-based tracking for advertising by opening the “Google Settings” app on your device, selecting “Ads”, and then selecting the option to opt-out of interest-based ads.
Please note that the above information may change when manufacturers update their systems. Also note, that your device may use another platform, not described above. In that case, please consult the manufacturer documentation for further instructions.
Third party collection of information
How do we safeguard your information?
Transfer of data outside the EEA
Please note that some data recipients may be located outside the EEA. In such cases we will transfer your data only to such countries as approved by the European Commission as providing adequate level of data protection, or enter into legal agreements ensuring an adequate level of data protection.
We may use a third-party advertising technology to serve advertisements when you access the site. This technology uses your information with regards to your use of the Services to serve advertisements to you (e.g., by placing third-party cookies on your web browser). You may opt-out of many third-party ad networks, including those operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). For more information about this practice by NAI and DAA members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including how to opt-out of third-party ad networks operated by NAI and DAA members, please visit their respective websites:
http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#!/ and http://optout.aboutads.info/#!/.
We may use your Personal Information, such as your name, email address, telephone number, etc. ourselves or by using our third party subcontractors for the purpose of providing you with promotional materials, concerning our services, which we believe may interest you.
Out of respect to your right to privacy we provide you within such marketing materials with means to decline receiving further marketing offers from us. If you unsubscribe we will remove your email address or telephone number from our marketing distribution lists.
Please note that even if you have unsubscribed from receiving marketing emails from us, we may send you other types of important e-mail communications without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. These may include customer service announcements or administrative notices.
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. The site is not designed for or directed at children. Under no circumstances shall we allow use of our services by minors without prior consent or authorisation by a parent or legal guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from minors. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without their consent, he or she should contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to contact us
If you have any general questions about the site or the information we collect about you and how we use it, you can contact us at email@example.com
Last Modified 31/01/2021